Professional lifeguards must be knowledgeable, skilled, and ready to act. These characteristics are interrelated. The more you know and the more you practice lifesaving skills, the more confidence you have to act when you are required to.
- How to Become a Lifeguard
- Basic Lifesaving Concepts and Terminology
- History and Evolution of Lifeguards/Lifesaving
- Surveillance and Preventive Lifeguarding
- Lifeguard Emergency Response
- Lifesaving Innovations and Technologies
- Lifeguard Training and Best Practices