First Aid/CPR Classes
First Aid/CPR classes prepare you to give lifesaving techniques that can save a co-worker, a friend, or a family member. The goal of organizations like the American Red Cross and the American Heart Association is to have everyone training in basic first aid and CPR techniques so that anyone anywhere might be able to step in a save a life.
CPR LEVELS & OPTIONS. We can offer this training where you live, work, or go to church. We teach American Red Cross courses in 3 levels (ASHI/Medic First Aid course also available):
- Bystander CPR – A 30-minute training course consisting of recognizing heart attack and responding to conscious choking and sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). This course includes compression-only CPR, proven successful against SCA.
- Community/Workplace First Aid/CPR/AED – A class for everyone (lay responders/heartsavers), made up of the components you are interested in: Adult CPR, Child CPR, Infant CPR, AED Use, and First Aid. In about 2 to 5 hours, you can be pass this course and receive a 2-year certificate the same day. (Blended Learning Option: approx. 1 to 2 hours online and 30 to 90 minutes in class.)
- Professional CPR/AED – This course (for health care professionals and first responders) only takes 5 1/2 hours but gives you a 2-year certification and professional-level CPR/AED skills for all victims. (Blended Learning Option: 2 hours online and 2 1/2 in class.)
American Red Cross and American Heart Association courses are equivalent with certificates valid for 2 years. Read more about it here: AHA Red Cross CPR Training and Education Statement.
Safe Swim “Sunday Morning CPR” (Irvine, CA)
First Aid/CPR/AED courses have been scheduled in Irvine, CA, on the following Sunday mornings, from 8 AM to 10 AM (additional session from 12 NOON to 2 PM may be scheduled if the morning session fills):
- Sun., February 23 at 108 Lamplighter, Irvine, CA 92620 – Google Map
- Sun., March 9 at 4691 Meadowood, Irvine, CA 92620 – Google Map
- Sun., March 23 at 108 Lamplighter, Irvine, CA 92620 – Google Map
- Sun., April 6 at 4691 Meadowood, Irvine, CA 92620 – Google Map
- Sun., April 13 at 108 Lamplighter, Irvine, CA 92620 – Google Map
- Sun., April 27 at 108 Lamplighter, Irvine, CA 92620 – Google Map
- Sun., May 4 at 4691 Meadowood, Irvine, CA 92620 – Google Map
- Sun., May 18 at 108 Lamplighter, Irvine, CA 92620 – Google Map
- Sun., May 25 at 108 Lamplighter, Irvine, CA 92620 – Google Map
- Sun., June 1 at 4691 Meadowood, Irvine, CA 92620 – Google Map
COURSE OFFERINGS. The following training offerings are available each Sunday:
- Full, blended-learning Adult & Pediatric CPR/AED with First Aid ($40 plus $27 played online to the Red Cross)
- Challenge* of Adult & Pediatric CPR/AED with First Aid ($40; no online work required; Red Cross fee included).
- Challenge* of CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Workers with First Aid ($70; no online work required; Red Cross fee included)
*A challenge is recertification for those who have had First Aid and CPR in the recent past.
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS. To register for a First Aid/CPR course:
- Determine the training offering desired and the date and time for the training (see above).
- Contact Safe Swim to register.
- If your training option requires blended learning, follow the instructions you receive after signing up to register with the Red Cross and complete the online work. Print out the completion certificate to bring to class.
- Attend the class session to perform skills and take a written exam (CPR/AED-Pro only). If you sign up for a Challenge Option, you must be ready to “test-out” on all skill and knowledge tests.
RESUSCITATION MASK COMBO PACKS. The 2010 CPR Guidelines strongly recommend that class participants and rescuers who use resuscitation masks should use an infant mask when practicing infant skills or performing actual infant CPR. Participants in the nonprofessional-level First Aid/CPR/AED courses may use a face shield or resuscitation mask. All participants in class with resuscitation masks will be trained in their use.
To buy a resuscitation mask combo pack for $20.00, use the PayPal button below. Please order at least 5 days before the class meeting.
Get on a List or Get a Quote – We Come to You
For more information about these courses, click any of the titles above for a Fact Sheet. When you are ready, contact us so we can notify you of the next class in your area. Or if you are in a hurry, we can train groups of any size (groups of 6 or more receive discounts!); just request a quote and tell us when you need the training.
Our experienced, helpful instructors give you the confidence to act in an emergency. We teach you everything you need to know and make learning fun. Contact us today!