Lifeguarding Instructor (LGI) Classes
The Lifeguarding Instructor (LGI) course trains you to teach Lifeguarding courses. This is NOT Lifeguarding; click this link for Lifeguarding courses.
- At least 17 years old
- Current Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certificate or equivalent
- Able to swim 300 yds using front crawl or breaststroke
- Able to tread water for 2 min using legs only
- Able to retrieve 10-lbs and tow it legs only for 20 yds in 100 sec.
Click here for LGI Fact Sheet.
Safe Swim LGI Course (Irvine, CA)
Each course costs $295 (plus a $28 Red Cross fee)/person. For an additional $75, you can add Title 22 First Aid Instructor.
- CLASS #4: Sa Su, May 31 & June 1, 12 NOON to 8 PM each day – Google Map
- CLASS #5: Sa Su, July 12 & 13, 12 NOON to 8 PM each day – Google Map
- CLASS #6: Sa Su, Sept 20 & 21, 12 NOON to 8 PM each day – Google Map
To register for one of these classes, go to the Safe Swim LGI page.
Private Group at Your Facility
To request LGI at your location for 3 or more, go to the Request for Quote page. We come to you for ultimate convenience!