Aqua aerobics is a type of exercise performed in shallow water in a vertical position while standing on the bottom with the face out of water. It relies on the resistance of the water around each participant to make simple movements into low-impact fitness maneuvers.
Aqua Aerobic Exercises with Jamie Smithers
These techniques include deep water work for more advanced participants with good swimming skills.
- Treading water
- Adding arm circles
- Adding arm circles to kickbacks
- Reverse crunches
- High knee runs
- Controlling your heart rate
- Stretching the obliques
- Around the worlds
- Slowing down the workout
- Stretching after the workout
Aqua Zumba is a combination of Latin dance beats for dance exercises integrated into a water-based workout.
- AEA: Aquatic Fitness Professional
- Aquatic Fitness Professional Association – International
- Aerobics and Fitness Association of America
Other Pool Exercises
- 50-10 hydro training (Jeff McDaniel)
- Aqua Jogging (QuixoticRacing)
- Navy Seal type workout (Master Tran)
- Noodle workout (carolargo.com)
- Music while swimming
- Workout techniques